Sunday, January 8, 2012

Piece of Cake

I started working on this idea in year one of my creative program-2009. I hadn't found my artistic groove yet, but I knew I wanted to work with a trendy/edgy brand. Skullcandy was the winner. Ok, so I had my brand, but what was I trying to communicate? Well, Skullcandy is known for their various kinds of headphones and ear buds - better yet, the funky array of colours they were available in. The visual had to be clever, brightly coloured and relate to headphones some how,  I also wanted to tie in the name 'Skullcandy,' emphasis on candy. I came up with this cupcake concept myself, I am actually really proud of the idea. The headphone cord wraps around to complete the cherry on top of the cupcake. Creative? Very. An idea involving a cupcake also presented me the opportunity to add colour to the ad. I am still exploring new and different ways to showcase this cupcake in an ad, but I thought I would share my work with you at this point. Gotta give the people what they want.

1 comment:

  1. fun fact #1: The cupcake is hand drawn and was later coloured via photoshop.

    ReplyDelete

Followers