Thursday, January 5, 2012

Behind The Scene Benefits

Truly interested in all aspects of advertising, I decided to explore the 'behind the scenes benefits'. Through arranging my own product photo shoots I am able to create a better visual in the end, resulting in a better ad. Working behind the scenes on a television commercial has always fascinated me and is a future goal.

I have always taken pride in arranging my products neatly together in groups-by category- to achieve a clean, visually pleasing living space. Only in the past year have I  realized that these 'neatly arranged products' could be the beginning of my love for product shots and product photo shoots.

Here are some examples of what I have been talking about, as illustrated by Burt's Bees, The Body Shop and a few from my perfume collection. Like those in the biz, I use small tools like stickers or string to allow products to hold the pose I like long enough for a decent image to be captured. The small round Burt's Bees tin is a good example of a product that is hard to work with. It was held in place with a small sticker that I hid from the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers